Every year, there is a Christmas In The Park exhibition of lights and tree decorations in San Jose Plaza de Cesar Chavez. The trees are sponsored & decorated by community group, non-profit, school, business or scout troops… and this year, the Southbay Burners Regional Group have reserved a community tree and invite you all to join us in decorating the tree! There will even be a “Best Tree” award this year!
WHEN: Friday Nov 24 from 10:00pm to noon (meet Manea at the tree)
Fun Competition: This event is open to all! We encourage you to re-purpose your playa shwag to use as decoration and take a picture to post on Southbay Burtners Facebook event page… the best picture will get bragging rights!
WHERE: Plaza de Cesar Chavez, downtown San Jose
Tips for Decorators:
- Use weatherproof materials to avoid damage by wind and rain, so please make sure your decor will hold up to the elements.
- Be sure to “tie” your ornaments to the tree branches so they do not come loose during the run of our event.
- Do not use expensive ornaments or decor as the city is not responsible for any damage or stolen items that “The Grinch” or any other “Grinch-like” may try to acquire.
- You can bring your own lights (make sure they are LED) to add to the decor of your tree.
- Do not bring any ornaments made of food as the “creatures” of the park tend to enjoy them too much.