Okay, you already have seen the “fun-stuff” of upcoming events on the main page… but here are the important pesky Burning Man deadlines that you should keep in mind, to make sure you get yourself and all your stuff to the playa!
The theme for 2018 is “I, Robot“, inspired by the science fiction writer Issac Asimov’s short stories in the 1950’s, and it will surely be an exciting and inspiring year! Needless to say, preparation for 2018 is already underway:
- 2018 Ticket information and full schedule available:
- All sales require registration through Burner Profiles. Make sure your Profile is set up, complete, current, and that you know your log-in details.
- 2018 BRC Participation Forms starts Feb 21
- No Spectators: The Art of Burning Man at the Smithsonian March 30 – Sep 16, 2018
You may additionally refer to Burning Man website -> Important Dates for updates.
- 2018 Global Art Grant Program: Letter Of Intent Submission: CLOSED ON Dec 20 2017
- 2018 Temple Proposals Close at 5:00 pm Pacific CLOSED ON November 28, 2017
Archive of 2017 Radical Ritual Dates
Burning Man Tickets (tickets.burningman.org):
- Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) closes to sellers, Monday, July 17, 2017 @ 12pm (noon) PDT
- Tickets: Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) closes to all buyers, Friday, July 21, 2017 @ 12pm (noon) PDT
- OMG Burning Man ticket ($245) actual ticket sale begins (eligible if registered), Wed Aug 2 @ 12:00pm (noon) PDT
- Local Listing: Southbay Community Ticket Exchange (different from STEP that’s listed above)
Due Dates for various registrations:
- Mutant Vehicle Questionnaire CLOSED on April 18, 2017 at 12:00 (noon) PDT
- Burner Express Air & Bus tickets on-sale, starting Jun 7
- Health Permits Required (to serve/gift food on the playa): Aug 15, 2017
- Look at the Resources menu on the right, to see a listing of helpful links.
- You may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
- Read JackRabbit Speaks (official Burning Man newsletter): Subscribe or Visit JRS Archives
Read more on Burning Man website -> Important Dates
SouthBay Burner Community Ticket Exchange
Once again, we’ve offering a South Bay Ticket Exchange spreadsheet up on Google for our local Southbay regional community, as well as a ride-share list.
This is open to the public, so we ask that you use common sense and reasonable caution when disclosing your personal information and when making monetary transactions. South Bay Burners can’t vouch for any of the buyers or sellers who make an entry on this list. (NOTE: this is DIFFERENT from the Burning Man STEP (Secure Ticket Exchange Program)which has specific deadlines.)
Having said that … here’s the 2017 South Bay Burner Ticketshare link! Besides linking buyers and sellers, there are also tabs on the spreadsheet to link people who are looking for rides, camps, and art projects. Good luck!