Regional Contact team for South Bay Burners successfully created a non-profit incorporation 501(c)(3) last December, with the mission to further cross-pollinate & support the Burner community in the South Bay Area:
- Host inclusive & no-charge events for the community
- Provide art grants & support to local artists/makers
- Fund & support local chapter of Burners Without Borders
- Participate & represent the South Bay community of Burners (events such as Playa-to-Paseo & First Fridays)
- Cross-pollinate & connect the burners & non-burners community to cultivate creativity, self-expression, and 10-principles of Burning Man in our culture
Fiscal Sponsorship is tied to our 2nd goal above. In case of selected art project/program, the SouthBay Burners non-profit Inc will take on the responsibility of receiving and administering charitable contributions on behalf of the sponsored art project/program/organization, in return for a nominal fee. The donations provided by the supporter are tax-deductible, which makes it very attractive for fundraising. A legal contract is required to clearly outline the responsibilities of SBB Inc & associated fees, and tracking of all the payments.
APPLY Through June 15: We’re currently accepting art project applicants to consider for the Fiscal Sponsorship program via South Bay Burners Inc, in 2018.