WHEN: Saturday, March 3rd (Doors open early for special programming! 6pm – 4am)
ADMISSION: 21+ over
$15 from 6pm – 7pm at the door
$20 advance sale
$30 after 2am
No ins and outs.
Presale Tickets: https://eventstickets.burningman.org/purchase/event/1632462
HOMELESS CARE PACK INFO:
Make your participation extra meaningful!
One of the principles of Burning Man is: Gifting. Please consider helping those less fortunate by contributing several items from the list below. The best result will be achieved if people bring at least one item from Group A, or a bag of items from Group B. Backpacks and other supplies will be provided by Burning Man and distributed to the homeless with love and care by members of our volunteer Community Events Team.
There is no special discount for participating in the backpack program for the homeless. However, if you’d like a discounted entry price you can purchase your tickets early or arrive between 6:00pm – 7:00pm for the special early program—which you really don’t want to miss, anyway! : )
THANK YOU SO MUCH for being part of the success of this effort to help the homeless. Our team will personally deliver the supplies in a manner that is thoughtful and ensures people can use the supplies.
Burnal Backpack Items Request List
GROUP A ITEMS:
New Socks (packages of at least 3 pair) – men’s size 10-13 is most common, women’s size 9-11; put each pair in a Ziploc bag. Socks are usually thrown away once they get too dirty to wear as most homeless do not have access to laundry services.
New Underwear (packages of at least 3) – men’s boxers size M/L or Large; women’s basic brief size L(8-9), or XL(10); any color, cotton or cotton blend. Just like the socks, once they get too dirty to wear they are usually thrown away.
Tarp (1) – 6 ft x 8 ft tarps any color works but green and brown colors are best.
GROUP B ITEMS:
PLEASE PUT ALL ITEMS IN 1 GALLON ZIPLOC BAG
Toiletries: Your choice of 5 items from list below
Note: liquid items should be no larger than 8 oz each. When it gets too heavy it’s a burden to move and can get tossed. (next page…)
- · Wet wipes
- · Disposable twin-blade razors and shave cream
- · Feminine personal hygiene items: tampons, panty-liners, pads, etc.
- · Antibiotic ointment or cream – any size tube
- · Toothbrush – soft bristles, as many homeless have severe dental concerns
- · Toothpaste – tarter control is especially good
- · Soap – Liquid soap is best (a pure castille soap is preferred for multiple uses)
- · Shampoo/Conditioner – combo items are great!
- · Hand Sanitizer – no floral scents, please
- · Lotion – skin calming or extra moisturizing is especially helpful